Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2015

Big Changes

Wow! It has been a long time since I have posted and there has been a lot that has happened in my life. Before I explain all that I just want to mention that it feels good to be back. I hesitated for awhile , but taking a Crafts as a Business from Margot Miller at St.Lawrence College really kick started my desire to move forward.The whole class was lovely and supportive.

I have had to relearn a few things such as getting familiar with my camera once again, working with new mediums, relearning how to blog and how set up a new website.

Now for my story.
Five years ago my dear husband (DH) was diagnosed with colon cancer. We hit it running and he had his surgery.Recovery was quick for him but then the doctors discovered that he had lung cancer. Another surgery and a longer recovery and things went well for a about six months. Another test and a spot was found on his liver as well as more lung cancer. Then came a summer of radiation treatments with chemo. Five days a week for two months. Another hiatus for about six months and then he has a massive heart attack which could not be operated on because there was another tumour growing rapidly, more chemo and things didn't go too well. We were very fortunate that he was able to stay at home till the end and he passed away on May 19, 2014.

 At the same time, probably because of all the stress I became allergic to fibre and I cannot knit or sew anymore. Now what! I lost both my husband and my passion at the same time. It took me a few moths to process all that and make a plan for my future. I decided to move to Brockville to be closer to my family and that whole process took me until Christmas of last year. Everyone was fabulous, my family and friends really came through for me. My son says that I am now in the Cathy 6.0 part of my life.

More tomorrow.


No comments: