Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

STUDENT WORK

Last night , I had the Wednesday night group come to my house for classes. It is a very casual class and everyone chooses what they want to work on so I keep it small, no more than four students at a time and we have fun exploring all kinds of ideas in my studio.

This butterfly piece was created by Dianne. New to free motion, she has done an excellent job with this piece. The pic sure doesn't reflect how rich the colours are. She also took a big leap of faith and added the red accents to bring it to life, and it certainly worked well.

Then she stretched it on a wooden frame and voila, a piece of art.


Two days ago Sue dropped in excited to show me her piece for the Tampered With Show at the
Paper Images Gallery in Picton. Peggy is a photographer who invites other artists to interpret her work.
Sue's work is fabulous and she really captured the charm of this old barn.Her thread painting makes the old boards of the barn come to life and at this stage she still hadn't completed the quilting. I can't wait to see it all finished and framed.






No comments: