Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Creating for a Cause

Fibras Musicales is a fibre art exhibit in which the pieces are inspired by Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole; Ravel's Bolero; and Falla's Three Cornered hat.It is a fundraiser for the youth orchestra and the works will be auctioned after the performance which takes place on August 11th at the Mohawk Concert Hall in Burlington.
This whole idea captured my attention and also because I have been working with circle cut ruffles this was perfect. My idea to replicate a portion of a Spanish dancer's skirt came very quickly and all the fabrics  were in my stash. It was meant to be.

Spanish Dance One 

Because I used Elaine's fabulous hand dyed silk organza once again I needed to make a paper mock up of the piece to make sure that it would work. I got the volume that I wanted.  

No comments: