Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Shows

It's July 1st today, where have six months gone. I am pretty excited about being in three shows this summer.
First I have five fun pieces in the Tay River Gallery in Perth for the Summer Sizzle Show that runs from July 2cnd to August 30th. If you are in the area, come and check it out.

This St. Maarten Piece is one of them. Every December we go off to St. Maartin in the Carribean for a holiday. Sitting on a deck chair in the heat I was always amazed at all the blues that you can see so I tried to capture it in a fun and happy way. Those are my toes on the deck chair.

The second exhibit I am in is the Intrigue into the 1000 Islands Show, at the Marianne Von Schiffler Gallery at St. Lawrence College in Brockville. I was pretty pleased to get into this juried show. The opening reception is on Saturday July 11th from 2 - 4 p.m. You are all welcome.
Mom and Me # 133
Water

In August the Lanark County Quilter's Guild is having their Quilts on the Tay Show at St. John's High School in Perth , Audust 7,8 and 9th. I will be hanging some new stuff in this show which I am busily working on. The featured quilters are Bev Cooper and Carol Darou. There is a special exhibit called from Kamloops to Halifax which features work from the teachers that we have had here at the guild. And there will be workshops set up with Karen Goetzinger. There will be a merchants mall of course and a boutique with fab items made by our members. See you there!

No comments: