Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Stuff for Paper Images Gallery Show

Photo by Peggy deWitt

Every year I am invited by Peggy Dewitt to participate in her" Tampered With Show" at the Paper Images Gallery in Picton. This year I chose the photo above as my subject matter.
I always like to stretch myself with this gallery show and try something different. Using a stencilling method, I came up with the image below. Once the painting had been completed , I then proceeded to my favourite part, the free motion work. Lots of texture was created and some copper mettalic thread and copper beads were used to give the piece some sparkle. Subtle but effective. 
Can I Play Now?
You can see this piece at Paper Images Gallery from June 1-14th and meet the artists on Sunday June 7th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is a lovely drive to Prince Edward County and you could even come back and use the ferry. There are great lunch places close by.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: