Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

FALL PREVIEW_1

The last week of summer still puts me in a planning mood even 10 years after retiring from teaching. When the nights get colder and there is a chill in the air my mind starts organizing my life for the next few months. I am looking forward to sharing my work with like minded, addicted, fibre junkies and sharing what new things I have discovered.

This is what I am up to this fall.

1. Seaway Autumn Studio Tour on Sept. 13th and 14th.
I will be at stop #1 in Johnston with four other artists Joanne Zorzie, Bonnie Lemaire, Pat Lemaire, and Wendo Van Essen. At my table you will find my work large and small,postcards, journals, and my patterns. Come and have a chat.
Visit our website http://www.sast.ca/

2. Art With Loose Threads Retreat from Oct. 3-5 at the Opinicon Resort Hotel
Come and participate in a small and intimate retreat where three fibre artists will share with you what they have learned.These techniques can be used in all kinds of work, from fibre art , in your quilting, to wearable art. We will also try some painting on fabric.

Wendo will be showing you how to felt fibre and sculpt this moose head.

Pat will be demonstrating various embellishment techniques. Great for wearable art.

Cathy will share with you her new technique where she hangs washers in a hole . Small kits will be available for each demo at a reasonable cost so that all you have to bring is your machine and your favourite sewing equipment.



3.Then in November it will be my pleasure to participate in Fibreworks, in Kingston.
The weekend we have chosen is Nov. 13,14,and 15th. It will include a lecture on Friday evening and a two day workshop. I will be discussing how I use colour to give things life and you will be making a small piece that will use those colour concepts. We will try different free motion techniques as well as some bobbin work. I will also show you how to mount your work on a wooden frame.More info to come.

No comments: