Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finding Joy Once Again


This month the creative juices keep on flowing helped in part by the fact that I can't go out in this blazing heat (asthma). This idea started a couple of years ago when I started to silk screen my own fabrics. Below are a couple of examples of the craft glue technique. You make a design with clear craft glue on the screen and let it dry a few weks, then as you print the design slowly disintegrates giving lots of variation.


 I had also experimented with Shiva sticks and stencils.Below is a madonna face ( one of my favourite subjects) painted with this stencilling technique.

 Because the silk screen fabric pieces were realtively small - 12 in x 10 in.- the design need to be
altered for me to use these pieces.


Pretty happy with this result. Here the design has been fused together. When I stepped back to have a good look, an overwhelming feeling of joy came over me. It is more beautifull than I ever expected.
It's been a long time since I have beent here with my work.


Again, my background was a little too narrow so a piece was added to the left, the fabric was a bit strong so I covered it with white silk organza, voila, perfection.


Now to add the stitching, mostly a narrow satin stitch and a little free motion. Have to be carefull not to add too much.

No comments: